I'm a Russian lady. I'd like to find out what you think of "us Russians"! I've got a couple of questions for you: 1.why on Earth are you looking for Russian women;
2. There are already a lot of Russians in your country, why are you looking for them in Russia and FSU? Isn't it much easier to get in touch with a Russian lady who already lives in your country? Are you longing for "a real Russian lady not spoiled by Western way of life"?
Arta- 1. "why are we looking for russian women"... Are they that bad? If your answer is certainly not. I can say that is why I am looking.
2. I only know of 2 women here and one is married and the other is her 21 yr. old daughter. If there were a million russian women here in my country, That would only be 1 woman for every 350 people. That's still spreading it a little thin I think.
3. "Am I longing for a russian woman not spoiled by western way of life?"... YES
I copied the list I posted on the other thread that Olga started.
It should give you an idea about what western men are sick and tired of dealing with from our western feminist influenced, spoilt rotten, uneducated women.
For whatever is worth I hope russian or FSU women are not generally like them.
"...This list ONLY applies to surveyed divorced or divorcing US men who were/are the sole providers for their wife + 1-4 children.
1. Women who neglect their physical appearance by carelessly gaining weight or chopping off their hair after marriage or child bearing.
2. Women who develop boredom with the marriage lifestyle and no longer believe there is any value, prestige or merit to the position of housewife.
3. Women who save their best clothes, hair do, make-up and nail polish for social events with her girlfriends, coworkers, relatives or 'others', instead of daily interaction with her husband/boyfriend.
4. Women who refuse to assume the responsibility or make the effort to learn the basics of houlsehold budget management. This is a particular pet peeve for men who are the sole income earner for the entire family.
5. Women who fail to supervise what children watch on TV, who their friends are, do not follow the school curriculum to assist them with school work or manage their nutritional needs, because buying junk or fast food is easier..
6. Women who violate the privacy of their marraige/relationship by talking to outsiders (friends, relatives, etc.) about the negative aspects of their marriage/relationship.
7. Women who fall in love and marry men secretly hoping their man will "change" after marriage or over time.
8. Women who fall in love and marry men KNOWING they themselves intend to change after marriage and no longer give their men the very same things that caused that man to fall madly in love with her. This is a particular pet peeve for those men who value logical thinking as a way to achieve harmony when interacting with other human beings.
9. Women who demand a socially 'independent' lifestyle while expecting a financially dependent relationship.
10.Women who choose to watch day-time brain freezing TV shows instead of reading a book or doing housechores.
11.Yes, I saved the SEX reason for last, lol.....Women who think they can manipulate a man's sexual needs without consequence or risk that the man will seek satisfaction elsewhere...."
Arta & Olga,
I wished you stopped using or encouraging others to use westernized terms like RIGHT STUFF or REAL MEN that already have a total and complete failing record for western women...
We, the men you want to fall head over heel madly in love with you for the rest of our natural lives and beyond are very very very very simple creatures...but our thinking wires are assembled quite differently than yours.
DEFINE clearly the things that makes us REAL MEN in your eyes and we will honestly do our best to measure up to the task.
But if you start taking morbid pleasure in changing the damn definition at will and without previously discussing it with us, we will drop you like a bad habit...fair enough?
Please do your best to understand and accept what and how it makes us tick.
Despite what any man here wishes things would be like, the vast majority of men are VISUAL creatures, meaning we find stimulation with our eyes while you find stimulation with your thinking and feelings of cherishing and safety.
Boys feel good after they DO good
Girls do good after the FEEL good.
"Though "Real men" is an universal term, it's not that westernized!"
The term "real man" has gone through a metamorphosis in the Western world due to women's liberation. We still have to kill the bugs and take out the trash and make the women feel like women, but we have to get in touch with ourselves and understand how those roles effect us as a person. We need to share our insecurities with our significant other, but we are not allowed to appear vulnerable. That wouldn't be manly.
If you can figure out how to do all that simultaneously, you let me know.
Lol@ditto, I am not playing that game, I am an unreconstructed male, I looked for a girl from the FSU because I have better things to do, than go through that shit, I am 41 and unmarried, thats a sad inditementy on western womana, thats Wht I am marrying a real woman from theFSU
In my experiences with the conversations I've had, and they have been mostly women from Ukraine, the appreciate the simple style of life, like the one my parents had and I grew up in. I've spoken to others that are a lot more materialistic, but the majority hold similar values that I seek in a lady. The dedication to family and each other, I don't know what most Russian men are like, but from the stories of some of the ladies, chivalry is not in their vocabularly. As one lady told me most of the men she knew ran from one skirt to the next. Pretty shallow if you ask me. I may be wrong but I can only relay what I've been told.
Learning russian is nice and dandy, but less of a practical priority for the western man than learning english for the eastern woman. That is, if they plan to live in an english speaking country.
Learning her native language is, in my not so humble opinion, one of the best ways to show her family that he wants to become an integral and active part of it.
agreed Toad, apart from hello, goodbye and how to order food etc, I have limited myself to learning "I love you" and other terms of endearment, I find this is hughly appreciated, I think it is nice to be told I love you in your own language
I'd like to thank all of you for sharing your thoughts with me! The situation doesn't look "too hopeless" if such men as you are still exist on the face of earth. Talking about traditional values, I believe those come from the Bible/Holy Scripture/Torah (whatever you'd prefer!).I think a serious relationship is possible if people have a solid foundation. I believe faith is such a foundation for a solid family, love, commitment and mutual respect.